Certified Crane Operators are currently needed all over the country to fill various operator positions. It is essential to be aware of the tasks and expectations that will be set upon prospective crane operators. For your benefit here is an example of a very common job opening in the crane operator field.
A simple position overview would look as follows:
This is a full-time position (8 hours/day). A successful candidate will be a multi-functional person with large & small crane experience as well as forklift experience preferably. The hired candidate will inspect, store and load parts & machines onto transportation carrier equipment or other loading stations. Attention to detail and strict adherence to safety standards is critical.
The position reports to the Site Manager. Work hours 7 AM – 4 PM Monday – Friday. Full benefits are available. Compensation based on experience.
A simple rundown of expected duties:
- Properly follows company and OSHA procedures
- Perform daily inspections of equipment and report any defects or needed repairs
- Responsible for personal safety and safety of coworkers
- Perform preventative maintenance as required to ensure safe and continual service of crane
- Remains in continual voice (radio), hand and or communication while operating crane
- Assures that all lifts are within load limits of equipment and connected correctly
- Operates crane equipment to hoist materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
Qualifications for this position include:
- High School Degree or GED.
- Problem solving skills.
- Customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Certification preferred but training can be provided.
- Forklift certification preferred but training can be provided.
Salary: $32,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent
- 3 years
As long as the proper training and crane certification has been completed there is a large number of opportunities available for job seeking crane operators in the United States.
To view some actual Crane Operator Job Listings simply visit the links we have provided below.